upgrade problems with xfree and xserver-common 4.0

I tried to upgrade useing apt-get upgrade

Sources.list = deb ftp://debian.site.org unstable /yada /yada /yada

( Please note the unstable part. )

And it upgraded my Xfree and xserver-common to 4.0 somthin.
even tho my xserver-svga package was still 3.0 somthin.

needless to say...

# startx

cannot stat /etc/X11/X file not found. ( Aborting )

( somthing to that efect. I can't really say cause im wring this from a dam win98 machine )

# xinit

cannot stat /etc/X11/X file not found. ( Aborting )

" ok..... "

# /usr/X11R6/bin/X

cannot stat /etc/X11/X file not found. ( Aborting )

" ARG !!! "

linked file from  " /etc/X11/X " to "/etc/X11/X "

# /usr/x11R6/bin/X

Wating for connection from server....
^C
# startx

Wating for connection from server....
^C

# apt-get remove xserver-common
Error: directory not empty
Error: directory not empty
Error: directory not empty
etc....

" you get the idea. "

reinstalled Xfree, Xserver-common 3.0 " poatao11"  I think.
reinstalled X86Setup cause the apt-get remove xserver-common removed this as well.

ran X86Setup...

Nothing. server crash.

heheh

Anyone + idea  = HELP

( If i resintall debian i still wan't to upgrade so i can use the new libc6 and updates gnome stuff.
other wize i cannot run some newer progame inned to run . BUT I DON'T WAN:T TO GO THRU THIS AGAIN !!!!! )