Re: rpm .spec to ../debian

> Is there a quick and dirty way, say a script or utiltiy, to convert
> an rpm .spec file into the ../debian (sub)directory needed by
> build-package and friends?

Don't know how relevant it is but I would start by looking at alien:

[02:09:32 /tmp]$ grep-available -PX alien
Package: alien
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 155
Maintainer: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 6.54
Depends: debhelper (>= 0.88), perl5 | perl (>= 5.004), rpm (>= 2.4.4-2),
dpkg-dev, make, cpio
Suggests: patch, bzip2
Filename: dists/potato/main/binary-all/admin/alien_6.54.deb
Size: 74026
MD5sum: b8256b3b7b93f97f900d6bda47159a49
 Alien allows you to convert Red Hat, Stampede and Slackware Packages into
 Debian packages, which can be installed with dpkg.
 .
 It can also convert into Slackware, Red Hat, and Stampede packages.
 .
 This is a tool only suitable for binary packages.

[02:09:50 /tmp]$

> I see far more redhat sources floating around than their debianiazed
> equivalents.

With the large number of debs I wonder which package are you interesting in
that has not been debianized?