Re: rpm .spec to ../debian

On Sunday 25 February 2001 08:14,  Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>
wrote:
> > Is there a quick and dirty way, say a script or utiltiy, to
> > convert an rpm .spec file into the ../debian (sub)directory
> > needed by build-package and friends?
>
> Don't know how relevant it is but I would start by looking at
> alien:

<CUT>

>  This is a tool only suitable for binary packages.

<CUT>

> With the large number of debs I wonder which package are you
> interesting in that has not been debianized?

Mozilla 0.8. Have alienated it, launched it and watched it go
comatose. The rpm works fine in LM 7.2.

Another poster, Chad <chewie@wookimus.net>, suggested debhelper for
the tarballs (which one can extract from the src.rpm). Well, I have
been blindly using it regularly enough to produce my own private
advance release packages. It (eventually) fails on sources as massive
as the irradiated browser.