Re: Hidden Partitions and musings NT + Linux ...

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:50:18 -0800 (PST), "C. Schanck"
<crsschanck@yahoo.com> wrote:

>A few days ago I posted a question trying to understand why my
>2nd windows partition kept getting rendered hidden and invisible
>to NT, even though I could still use it from linux.
>
>Several folks were kind enough to respond, and the upshot is
>pretty simple. If you want to run Linux + a MSoft OS, get your
>hands on Partition Magic. Apparently each of the different
>version of Windows has slightly differing views of how to define
>a FAT, FAT 16, FAT32 etc. partition. For $35, Parititon Magic
>made everything work nicely again.
>
>Thanks for the input, and I hope it helps someone else out down
>the road.

I use eXtended Operating System Loader (www.xosl.org) to
boot Win2000, Win98SE, BeOS and Debian on this box without
any problems.  You can configure it to hide and unhide
partitions based upon which OS you're booting.  If you're
going to be multi-booting, I strongly recommend you check it
out.  And unlike Partition Magic, it's open source.