Hidden Partitions and musings NT + Linux ...

A few days ago I posted a question trying to understand why my
2nd windows partition kept getting rendered hidden and invisible
to NT, even though I could still use it from linux.

Several folks were kind enough to respond, and the upshot is
pretty simple. If you want to run Linux + a MSoft OS, get your
hands on Partition Magic. Apparently each of the different
version of Windows has slightly differing views of how to define
a FAT, FAT 16, FAT32 etc. partition. For $35, Parititon Magic
made everything work nicely again.

Thanks for the input, and I hope it helps someone else out down
the road.

Chris

=====
If all else fails, cross the streams...