Re: Hidden Partitions and musings NT + Linux ...

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 06:50:18PM -0800, C. Schanck wrote:
> A few days ago I posted a question trying to understand why my
> 2nd windows partition kept getting rendered hidden and invisible
> to NT, even though I could still use it from linux.
>
> Several folks were kind enough to respond, and the upshot is
> pretty simple. If you want to run Linux + a MSoft OS, get your
> hands on Partition Magic. Apparently each of the different

I doubt that Partition Magic is needed! Better have a look at the
partiton table you have now and the one that didn't work and *learn*
from the difference!  In particular pay attention to the partition
type.  IIRC Windows NT doesn't grog the newer LBA based partition
types like E, F and C.  Or was it B and C?...look...search...read...
got it (http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/partitions/partition-types-1.html)
it's all of them:)

Would be nice if you could inform us which types didn't work for you,
might save someone else some bugs.

--
groetjes, carel