Re: easy(?) kernel compiliation question

What I do is, whenever I edit a configuration for my kernel, I save an additonal
copy in /root/kernelconfig. (This works at least with menuconfig and xconfig.)
Then, whenever I need to compile a new kernel, I load those settings in. Doing
it that way should put in any new settings that are added as well as your old
ones. I imagine it's still a good idea to check the new settings in case there's
something important, though it's less important within the same series kernel.

You could probably also copy your .config and use make oldconfig, but I have
never done this.

Disclaimer: I am not a kernel guru and am not sure about anything I've said
here - but I consider it probably enough correct to rely on it myself.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org