Re: task-c-dev install

> Hi!
>
> I want to install the task-c-dev package. After apt-get install I get:
>
> micron:/home/chiappa# apt-get install task-c-dev
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   task-c-dev: Depends: libc-dev
>   E: Sorry, broken packages
>

> What is libc-dev? It is not listed in the
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/task-c-dev.html page as a
> package related to task-c-dev.
>
> How can I fix this?

1. Do file a bug report.
2. In order to solve it I would try to install the packages that task-c-devel
is installing separately. As for libc-dev, I suspect that libc6-dev can
replace it. Actually, I could simulate what will be done by

	apt-get -s package1 package2 ...

With this simulation apt might report the name of the true missing package (if
any) and the required sequence for installing the packages separately.