Re: kernel install - modules? no kerneld?

Bruce Elliott wrote:

> Do I need to add kerneld manually to my init sequence?  Shouldn't installing
> a kernel package that has that option automatically add it to one of the rc
> files?  Just wondering if that should be a 'bug' or it's expected.

kerneld in 2.2 is built into the kernel itself. no daemon. you shouldn't
be
using the kerneld that was used for 2.0 and early 2.1 kernels with 2.2.
at least thats what i hear. i hate using kerneld it fills my logs with
useless crap about not being able to find things. and my systems run
flawlessly.

nate

--
:::