Re: 3COM & TEAC

Mitch Okada wrote:

> Hi Debian User,
>
> For the first time, I installed Debian 2.2 on my IBM PC:
>     Cyrix 200Mz, 64Meg RAM
>     CD-ROM: TEAC 56E
>     Netword Card: 3COM 3C905-T (Fast Etherlink XL Adapter)
>
> This is my first Linux installation.
>
> During the installation, my CD-ROM (Teac 56E) was not recognized
> and thus the driver was not installed/configured.

what controller is that drive hooked to? if it is hooked up to
a standard ATA/IDE controller it should work..if its something
else you may need another driver.

> Also, I didn't see any selection for my Network Card (3COM 3C905-T).
> All I saw was 3Cxxx options.  I attempted 3C501 or something similar

try the 3c59x driver. that should work..

> Also, after installing the base system, I don't know how to or where to get
> the information on configuring the system, e.g., changing device drivers.

can't help ya here, i learned the long way when i was using slackware
and
just compile my own kernels when i need to swap drivers.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336