3COM & TEAC

Hi Debian User,

For the first time, I installed Debian 2.2 on my IBM PC:
    Cyrix 200Mz, 64Meg RAM
    CD-ROM: TEAC 56E
    Netword Card: 3COM 3C905-T (Fast Etherlink XL Adapter)

This is my first Linux installation.

During the installation, my CD-ROM (Teac 56E) was not recognized
and thus the driver was not installed/configured.

Also, I didn't see any selection for my Network Card (3COM 3C905-T).
All I saw was 3Cxxx options.  I attempted 3C501 or something similar
but they rejected my network card.  Finally the 3C505 option accepted.
However, after installation, I am getting "ROUTER NOT FOUND" error
from my ftp session, and I got an impression of the network card is not
configured correctly.

Also, after installing the base system, I don't know how to or where to get
the information on configuring the system, e.g., changing device drivers.

If you can give me a help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mitch -- Debian rookie