MTA

I have a small home network.  I'm in the process of
configuring one box as a primary server.  I have qmail
installed and, I believe, fully operational on this box,
including pop3.  I can send and receive email from a local
login on the server through pine.  On a second box, my
primary client, I can grab mail from my server via pop3 on
kmail.  I can't, however, send.  Do I need to load an MTA on
the client box in order to transfer outgoing mail to the
server, or do I have to configure the server to accept mail
via an SMTP client?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dan