From: Hall Stevenson [mailto:hallstevenson@mindspring.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 2:52 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: AMD k7

> On booting with the install CD, I get the regular
> messages until ncr53c406a: no available ports
> found. Then the system freezes, ctrl-alt-del
> doens't work.

The default Debian kernel appears to include support for this device and
a couple others and is compiled *in* vs being compiled as a module.
Since you don't have this device, it simply complains a little... Why it
locks up, I don't know. My system used to complain about it too -- until
I compiled my own kernel w/o support for any SCSI devices other than the
items related to using an ATAPI CD-RW drive.

Hall