clock with wrong time

Hi all,

  Please cc a copy of your replies as I am not a subscriber of this list.

  I have something strange happening in my computer, take a look:
user@host:~$ date
ter fev 20 10:37:24 BRT 2001
user@host:~$ date --rfc-822
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:37:25 -0300
user@host:~$ telnet localhost 13
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Tue Feb 20 11:37:27 2001
Connection closed by foreign host.

  What is going on??? This happens every year when the clock changes from "saving time" BRST (-0200) to BRT (-0300)
  If I reboot the computer, I'm quite sure it will be OK after the reboot. But I can't reboot this computer.
  What do I need to do? Do I need to restart some services??? The zic - zonetime should do it automatically???

     Thanks in advance
     Pedro

-----

  More usefull information:
  The machine is running Debian/GNU Linux 2.2r2
  NTP server 4.0.99g-2    --   I already tried a /etc/init.d/ntp restart

I had created a file (Brazil.zic) with

# Brazil Sao Paulo timezone information
# Rule  NAME    FROM    TO      TYPE    IN      ON      AT      SAVE    LETTER/S
----- similar lines from 1994 to 1999 --- cutted here to save mail space
Rule    Brazil  2000    only    -       Oct     08      0:00    1:00    S
Rule    Brazil  2001    only    -       Feb     18      0:00    0       -
# Zone  NAME                    GMTOFF  RULES/SAVE      FORMAT  [UNTIL]
Zone    America/Sao_Paulo       -3:00   Brazil          BR%sT

and executed: # zic Brazil.zic

user@host:~# /usr/sbin/tzconfig
Your current time zone is set to America/Sao_Paulo

Everithing seems to be right...