Re: Kernel compile comments

To quote Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org>,
# Hey, give the guy a break.  Of course he's aggravated, although it may
# be that only a little RTFM would clear things up.

I wasn't really the aggrivation that bothered me... I've dealt with many
a frustrated newbies. What does bother me is guilt-trips. Intended or
not, that fellow tried to make people bad, by saying he is considering
switching back to another distribution.

If you stop and think about it rationally(even I didn't do that at
first), it's not a wholly useless idea. No distribution is right for
everyone. Debian is a community, after all. I contribute by helping
everyone I can(mostly in #debian).

So, if this fellow wishes to call upon that community for help, I don't
think it's unreasonable to ask he not try to emotionally manipulate
people, whether that be threatening to use another distribution, or
whining about how tough things are.

Sorry, just the way I feel :(

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)