script to configure IP address

Hi,

I have a laptop with debian (unstable) installed on it.  Sometimes I use
it at home and sometimes I use it at work.  At work, it has a direct
connection to the internet, so it has its own IP.  At home, its
connection is masqueraded through my main linux box which shares a cable
modem.  There, the address of the laptop is 192.168.0.2.  Anyway, the
addresses are different at both places, but they are both static
addresses.

Can someone think of a way that I can configure the startup scripts to
know which IP address needs to be used?  I have complete control of the
linux box at home, so I could use DHCP there, but I couldn't configure
DHCP at work.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.
--

Brian J. Stults