Antwort: Can't send email from machine configured for DHCP [Virus checked by dvs Leipzig] [Virus checked by dvs Leipzig]

You have an DNS problem. Mailservers only accept mails, if the Domainname of the
machine which wants to send mail  (tarot.foo.com) i.e. resolves - fortunately a
reverse lookup is not nesecary. One possibiliy is to use a dynamic DNS, the
other is to use the MAC Address to set tarot to a fixed IP-Address, which
resolves.

Hope, this helps, martin

idalton@ferret.phonewave.net on 17.02.2001 20:57:43