Re: ide cdrom -> scsi emu problems

I just set up using SCSI emulation for my IDE CD drive with
2.2.18pre21 kernel.  I have a couple of thoughts which might help.

When you change emulations your drive stops being /dev/hdd (for
example) and starts being /dev/scd0 -- or at least, that's how you
need to access it.

You need to edit /etc/fstab to reflect this reality, and you may need
to jiggle some links too, depending on how you're set up.

You have to tell the ide-cd driver not to grab the drive by moves such
as adding
append="hdd=ide-scsi"
in lilo.conf or
options ide-cd ignore=hdd	# tell the ide driver to keep off
in modules.conf.

I got all this from the CD-R howto.