Re: Auto load of modules?

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 05:29:54AM -0700, Yobb wrote:

> The actual module that I want load when /dev/scd0 is mounted is
> advansys.o.  Is this possible?  Do I have to modify /etc/modules.conf to
> make this work?

/etc/modules.conf is generated from files in /etc/modutils, so make
any changes related to modules.conf there and run update-modules.

I had made a file named /etc/modutils/scsi which contains:

pre-install sg /sbin/modprobe -k sym53c8xx
pre-install sr_mod /sbin/modprobe -k sym53c8xx
pre-install st /sbin/modprobe -k sym53c8xx

...which are for scanner, cd-rw and streamer. Replace sym53c8xx with
advansys and it should work fine. Might be you would need the first
line - the scsi-generic-module -  if you grab cd-audio. You defently
don't need the last line if you haven't a scsi streamer connectet to
your advansys host adapter.

--
Bye,
Dietmar