Auto load of modules?

Hi.  I am running Debian 2.2.

I am trying to get my scsi card kernel module to load automatically when
I issue a mount command for that drive (or when other software like
dselect tries to mount that drive.)

My /etc/modules file reads as follows:

   # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
   #
   # This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
   # to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
   # a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.
   # An entry named `auto' will cause the system to start kerneld
immediately.
   # Kerneld then loads modules on demand. `noauto' disables kerneld
completely.

   auto
   #advansys
   modules (END)

The actual module that I want load when /dev/scd0 is mounted is
advansys.o.  Is this possible?  Do I have to modify /etc/modules.conf to
make this work?