Re: easy sound config ?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Jed Strauss wrote:

> I just recently made the switch from Red Hat 6 to Debian 2.2.
> On RedHat there was a little program called sndconfig that did
> a nice job of recognizing my sound card and getting sound set up
> for my system. Is there a similar utility for Debian? Or a pointer
> to awebsite would also be appreciated.
>

> --

Hi. AFAIK, there is no such utility for debian, at least nothing
dependable. The best way to set up sound is by compiling your own kernel.
On debian you are expected to dump the giant (default) kernel and make one
which suits your needs. For further information about compiling your
kernel, please look in the debian manual. (http://www.debian.org)

p.s. welcome to debian :)

RAccess
#geeks/irc.openprojects.net