Re: X window

Alt-Ctrl-F1 should take you back to the first virtual console (and
Alt-Ctrl-F2 to the 2nd, etc).  You should be able to log into a text
console there and edit /etc/X11/XF86Config by hand or run XF86Setup or
the like

Tim

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 07:24:07PM -0600, Michael Light wrote:
> I recently had someone install Debian for me on my other computer.  At the time we were setting up the device drivers for the X window system I didn't know what video card I had.  He told me to go into file XF86Setup to put in the right device driver.  I did but apparently the device driver for my mouse was wrong.  Now my system boots straight into the X window system and I can't do anything. I've tried Ctrl-Alt-Backspace but all it does is take me back to the login screen.  Is there anyway I can get back to the text interface so I can configure my mouse correctly?

== Timothy Klein       || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece@hypermall.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==