Re: Changing network interface configuration based upon run-level

Eric Sorton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a laptop which I would like to setup with three run-levels.  Each
> run-level will have a slightly different configuration for the primary network
> interface.  In two of the run-levels, the machine will use DHCP to obtain its
> networking information.  In the other run-level, it will configure its network
> interface statically with a private IP address.
>
> I have a working setup, but I am curious to hear other people's opinions to
> see if anyone has a better solution than the one I came up with.

An easier way to go about this is via schemes.  You can switch schemes using
the cardctl command - no rebooting needed.  This is how I'm doing things
here.  IIRC man cardctl will give an explanation on how to do up the
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts file
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.