Re: magicfilter install problems

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:11:19PM -0500, Mike wrote:
> > With that line commented out, mail is delivered here to root just fine.
> > Yes, I did have to make that decision.  But the point is that it *is*
> > possible if desired.
>
> Yes, possible (I knew it, though)
>
> But I wonder what was in your mind when changing default exim
> behavior.

That's how I wanted it, plus I really just didn't see any reason not to.

> I would highly recommend not to make root accept mail.

Don't see why not.  This is a single user sustem, behind an IP masq'ing
firewall, not reachable from outside the LAN.  All incoming email is via my
ISP's POP server being gotten by a fetchmail run as a regular user, so the
only mail going to root are things like cron results.  If this were a system
connected directly to the outside world, I'd probably do things a bit
differently.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.