Re: Can't get php working, please help

Eivind Arnesen wrote:

> Nope.
>
> I have uncomment that line.  I tried again with installing php4 and a newer
> apache version,
> I get no error messages, but nothing happens when I open my php files...
> (I've tried several that
> should work).
>
> Still, thanks for your reply.
> I'm beginning to wonder if I should compile from source.  But then again,
> Debian (apt-get) was supposed
> to avoid such mess..

hmm! i don't thinx permissions are germane to this situation,
but you could try

	chmod +x whateverFile.soForth

i've never done an apache compile -- apt-get works great for me
(i wrote groups.yahoo.com/group/newbiedoc/files/apt-get-intro.html
after all)...

if you have

	<? phpinfo() ?>

as the only thing in /var/www/phptest.php, then it 'should work'.

check your server settings via localhost/server-info (check your
httpd.conf for "server-info" to enable it). make sure php is
running and knows to interpret *.php files...
<<<

or maybe you could do

	DefaultType application/x-httpd-php

to have *everything* run through the php module, as a test?

--
mailto:will@serensoft.com
http://www.dontUthink.com/