Re: Here you have

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 05:33:26PM -0500 or thereabouts, DSC Lithuania wrote:
> Actually, that was a highly irresponsible thing to do.  I do use Microsoft
> Outlook
> and Netscape both, and I am subscribed to the Linux User list because I am
> trying
> to set up a Linux system at the place I work.
>
> It would be nice to know if I have a new virus, considering that you may
> have sent
> one out.
>
> And as far as it goes, yes I do use protection, but there are limits to how
> good
> protection can be.  I think I may have to give up linux rather than further
> risk
> my company's computer.  Which is too bad, since that means that the school

what a lame excuse.  everyone knows that m$ products are very vulnerable to
viruses so there are three things you should have done before getting on any
mailing lists:

1.  install a decent anti-virus software.
2.  make sure you always have the latest anti-virus patterns/signatures.
3.  disable .vbs execution fron know and unknown sources.

HTH.