Re: Here you have

DSC Lithuania wrote:
> Actually, that was a highly irresponsible thing to do.  I do use Microsoft
> Outlook
> and Netscape both, and I am subscribed to the Linux User list because I am
> my company's computer.  Which is too bad, since that means that the school

FYI I'm on the Gimp list and got two versions of the virus. Those behind
this targeted all lists. I would doubt they deliberately picked Linux
lists because they would know the virus would prove ineffective there.

> where I have an informatics lab will not have linux.  They will
> instead have to use

I made the slow move to Linux. Until 3 montsh ago I kept the seperate
Windows partition just to have Outlook. I then put in the time and moved
to fetchmail and mutt. The virus has had no effect on my system, but it
could have if I hasn't made that move. This is actually a sign for you
to speed things up and get those students on Linux before it happens
again...

--

      -----==-

-Running Debian GNU/Linux-