Re: autofs example

Hello,

On Monday 12 February 2001 11:21, Hanno Böttcher wrote:
> I think you mean to mount it on startup, right? So you have to edit
> /etc/fstab.

uhm, I think, actually he meant what he said. ;) I think Robin wants to
access his Windows partition by not mounting it at startup, but rather only
when needed, right?

An example from my system:

root@caladan:~# cat /etc/auto.master
/amnt           /etc/auto.mnt

This file describes conf files for mountpoints under certain paths to autofs,
in this case /etc/auto.mnt contains the configuration to apply when mounting
under /amnt.

root@caladan:~# cat /etc/auto.mnt
gamont  -rw,no_root_squash,rsize=4096,wsize=4096                gamont:/home
win     -fstype=vfat,uid=0,gid=100,umask=002                    :/dev/hda2
cdrom   -fstype=iso9660,ro,uid=0,gid=100,umask=002              :/dev/scd0
floppy  -fstype=auto,nosuid,nodev,umask=002,uid=0,gid=100       :/dev/fd0

The second line describes mount options for mounting a Windows partition. As
you can see, the first line is an NFS mount (VERY convenient ;), the third
goes to the CD-ROM drive and the last one is for the floppy.

You should adapt "uid" and "gid" to your needs. Point to the correct device
file, IIRC you said "/dev/hdb1".

Don't forget to restart autofs by issuing /etc/init.d/autofs restart, so your
new config files are read. You should be able to access your Windows
filesystem by cd'ing to /amnt/win.

Good luck,
	Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                               ftrenkam@uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653