Unable to install netscape

OK, I've installed Potato 2.2.r2, X window, Gnome, Window Maker and
Enlightenment and, finally, I've been trying to install netscape 4.76
unsuccessfully.
Using the three original CDs I've issued the command
apt-get install netscape
it starts installing netscape3 to stop after a while saying that:
the netscape archive must be in /tmp  under the name
/tmp/netscape-v304-export.x86-unknown.linux.elf.tar.gz
dpkg:error processing netscape3 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned exit status 1 .....

What does it mean and how can I install netscape 4.76 at last?
Thanks for the help (I didn't know to find so many packages not working
correctly under Debian)