Re: cdwriter configuration problems

Hall Stevenson wrote:

> > On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 07:20:49PM -0600, Bernard
> > and Jennifer Cohen wrote:
> > I have been having trouble getting my cdwriter to work
> > using xcdroast. I got it to the point of writing an audio
> > cd when all it produced was 12 tracks of noise and a
> > new beer coaster.
>
> If you burned a CD, your writer is set up fine. Your problem now is a
> "cdrecord" one. And from personal experience ;-), I think I know what
> you did wrong... You have to specify "-audio" in the cdrecord options. I
> didn't and ended up with a similar "anti-moisture furniture protector".
>
> Hall

That leads to the question of how do specify the  "- audio" option using
xcdroast. I thought the purpose of a GUI was to automate that sort of
thing.  A look at  /root/.xcdroast/xcdroast.conf  doesn't show anything out
of the way except my plain ide/atapi cdrom on hdb is not being detected.
Why also am I getting these lines at the end of"dmesg |more" after I open
and close "xcdroast" without doing anything with it.

cdrom: open failed.
VFS: Disk change detected on device ide0(3,64)
cdrom: open failed.
VFS: Disk change detected on device ide0(3,64)
ide-scsi: hdc: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc), sector 0

Most puzzling and very frustrating.

Bernie