oddness with locales

All,

Somehow my locale settings (which I don't really understand the relevance
of, yet) got changed ... I believe through my use of a package in
unstable, the "Debian Chinese Panel." I noticed I was getting a lot of
Perl / locale warnings etc on apt-getting packages, so I started looking
into the issue of locales. The output of the locale command on my system
is as follows:

LANG=zh_TW.Big5
LC_CTYPE="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_NUMERIC="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_TIME="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_COLLATE="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_MONETARY="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_MESSAGES="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_PAPER="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_NAME="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_ADDRESS="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_TELEPHONE="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_MEASUREMENT="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="zh_TW.Big5"
LC_ALL=zh_TW.Big5

Which is, I guess, a problem. I want to do work with Chinese characters,
but these *all* shouldn't be set thus, I don't think. Is there an easy way
to reset my locale settings?

Thanks,

Glenn Becker
Online Producer, Community