Re: gnome-terminal question

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 02:19:20PM -0800, aphro@portal.aphroland.org wrote:

| hi
|

| i was curious what needs to be done to get a remote host
| (connected through ssh) to display the hostname and directory
| in the titlebar of a gnome-terminal window. redhat systems
| seem to do this but none of my debian systems do.

I'm not sure what you mean about the RH systems -- I used to run RH
and it would normally show the CWD.

What I had done was make some launchers (shell scripts work as well)
for each of the hosts I would connect to and use the command line to
set the title.  (I think the opiton is -t)

I think there is some (shell) command that can be used as well (from
the remote side) because I've seen the title change on me before
(usually to a non-useful title like "~").  Sorry, I don't know what
the command is.

-D

PS.  My computer is dead right now so I can't try anything with Debian
to verify my suggestion.