gnome-terminal question

hi

i was curious what needs to be done to get a remote host
(connected through ssh) to display the hostname and directory
in the titlebar of a gnome-terminal window. redhat systems
seem to do this but none of my debian systems do.

it's handy when i have 26 terminals open and i want to
see exactly where im logged into by using the right
mouse button in afterstep ...

is this possible with debian? or are some drastic
changes needed? i didn't see much in /etc/profile
on the redhat system(s) that might refer to this.

btw all of my debian systems(have about 20 of them)
are running potato.

thanks!

nate