Remote logins

Hi,

I'm running a Debian testing and another machine with stable. I'm trying to setup the machine so only certain users can login in remotely with the sshd, right now any user can.

After poking around /etc/security/access.conf seems to be what I want to edit. But I can't seem to get it working and I don't see any other instructions for it, other than the comments in the file.

After reading it seems to me that doing "- : ALL : ALL EXCEPT LOCAL" should stop everyone from logging in remotely, however it seems to have no effect. Either the above is wrong or something needs to be reset for the changes to take affect. The entire system has been rebooted so I can't see that being it. Does the program login have to be edited in some fashion? Or is the directory /etc/security the wrong place to be looking?

Steven