apt error

Hello,

I get the following error when trying to reinstall glibc:

napoli:~# apt-get --reinstall install glibc*
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Note, selecting libc6-pic instead of glibc-pic
Note, selecting libc6 instead of glibc2.2
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 14 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 7
not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/7959kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration
napoli:~#

apt version 0.3.19
dpkg verion 1.7.2

Other reinstall's seem to work well.  Where should I look for debugging
info ?

Please CC the reply to apeeters@pi.be

Regards,
Adriaan Peeters