Re: Update from kernel 2.2 to 2.4 mit the stable release

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 02:21:15PM +0100, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the stable (ptotato)-Debian release. Now i wan't to upgrade to the
> 2.4.1 kernel (from the 2.2.18). Do i have to look at some special issues or
> can i compile it the same way i did it with the 2.2? Do i need some special
> Progs?

After you unpack the kernel source look at the file -
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes

It tells you exactly which upgrades you need.  In my case for a 2.4.1
kernel I needed -
modutils  2.4.0
e2fsprogs 1.19
on a stock Potato box.

I got the source for the two packages from testing and compiled
them on Potato.
hth,
kent

--