Re: domain setup & email/DSL:followup

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:01:11 -0500 (EST), Glenn Becker said:

>  very simply: if i *choose* a domain name -- glennbecker.net is available,
>  i find -- and register it, then change the name of my system, that should
>  solve most of if not all the problems - am i right?

I missed your first post, so I don't know the exact problem you had.

>  it was in retrospect NOT logical in any way for me to have named this
>  machine "debian.atomcam.com" since atomcam.com is registered to my wife
>  and the actual MACHINE(S) hosting that domain are in no way anywhere near
>  me but are in fact warped.net machines.

This should not be a problem.  I have the same situation, but my
domain, is hosted by Hurricane Electric (www.he.net).
I use fetchmail to get my domain's mail when I start my machine in
the morning.  I no longer leave it on 24/7 because I am in
California, and we all know what is happening there with a couple of
the utilitiy companies.  I also use the DNS services provided by
EasyDNS and I server as my own primary MX when I am online.  My
machine's hostname is not in the DNS but I do have a valid FQDN
pointing to my DSL interface.

--
Andrew