Re: HP 9100 series cd -writer?

> > 	Well since idecd is not a module, you need the append line.
> > The only way to change idecd to a module is to compile a new kernel.
> > 	But your kernel must also set CONFIG_SCSI and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR.
> > Now i assume you have CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI set.
> > 	If any of these are not set in your current kernel configuration
> > you will have to compile a new kernel and set them as modules.

Ok
I checked the configuration referred above (in boot/config-2.2.17)
and
put the append line in to
'lilo.conf'
and added the lines suggested by you in
/etc/modutils/aliases

And...
run 'lilo' run update-modules

And
run as root xcdroast setup

And...
it seems to be working!!!

There is still something wrong I thing: CDCopy doesn't work
and there are totally eight cdburners (all of them of right kind)
to select from... But anyway I managed to burn a copy of Debian
installation cd with it.

Thanks a lot

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi