Re: event viewer application

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 01:46:24PM +0000, Wesley Jay Deypalan wrote:
> hi,
>
> im just new to linux, i would like to if debian linux has a program similar
> to windows nt event viewer. i have seen that program in corel linux but i
> heard corel linux is mostly for desktop only, we would like it to be server.
> your help is greatly appreciated.

I've never seen "event viewer" but did a quick look on the web and it
looks like a logging tool.  If that is the case, yes debian has syslog.
sysklogd is the actual daemon that runs.  Type "man sysklogd" into
your favorite search engine and you should come up with enough info to
give you a basic idea.  If I were you I would install debian
without any graphical interface and start playing with it, until you
become familiar enough to administer it.
hth,
kent