Re: linuxconf/changing IP setup ...

also sprach Glenn Becker (on Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:39:10PM -0500):
> Someone in the #Debian channel on openprojects.net mentioned the linuxconf
> package, which I unf did not have installed. I finally got it installed
> (from CD) but it so far has not allowed me to connect out (I'm on the
> wife's Mac typing this, how embarassing ...heh).

don't use linuxconf, it's among the worst things ever produced for
linux. instead, do a

man interfaces

and configure /etc/network/interfaces accordingly...

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
"it's not easy, being green."