Apache Virtual Host

Hey all,

I've been working on this for a couple of days and can't figure out why it's
giving me sooo much trouble, but I just can't seem to get a virtual host
working with apache.  I would like to have a "development" site of
'test.domain.com' and just can't seem to figure it out.  It's the same
computer so I believe (if I got anything out of the many many docs i've
read) it's called 'named-virtual hosting'.

I am using Apache 1.3.9 with Debian 2.2.16.

Any thoughts, sample configs (httpd.conf, etc.) or anything else would be
helpful

Thanks
Leonard Leblanc