Re: file from dos to linux

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 02:23:47PM -0500, Chris Parker wrote:

> How do i get a dos/win file off the same hard drive to my linux
> partition???  Sorry for this one but i'm stll trying to get my
> debian box to get on line!  Thanks for your help.

Please wrap your lines at less than 80 characters.

You can mount a DOS partition under Linux like

	mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /dos-c

if the partition is the first on the first IDE hard drive (/dev/hda1)
and you have a directory called /dos-c available to mount it on.  The
standard Debian kernel supports vfat partitions.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net