Re: wmmon in potato?

on Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:09:03PM +1100, Damon Muller (dm-debian-user@empire.net.au) wrote:
> Quoth kmself@ix.netcom.com,
> > ...I'm jus' lookin' for a good wmmon....
> >
> > Anyone know what the status of wmmon under potato is?  It currently
> > depends on a couple of libs (xpm4g and another) which conflict with
> > xlibs.  Rats.  I can build from source, probably will.
>
> I have to admit that I can't remember exactly what wmmon monitors. and
> you're probably using wmaker, for which something like that is most
> appropriate...
>
> But you might want to consider looking at gkrellm. Sort of like all of
> the monitor-type programs (mail, cpu, disk, network, mem, and more) on
> steroids. Also very themeable.
>
> The version in potato is a little old. I believe there might be a more
> recent one on unstable.
>
> Sorry, it didn't answer your question, but if you check it out you might
> like it :)

Looks as if development of wmmon has stopped.  The link to the
development page from the Dock Applications Warehouse page and Freshmeat
indicates the developer is AWOL.

Basically, it gave CPU, memory + swap, and disk I/O as three separate
displays.  Mem/swap also provided uptime.  I've settled on wmSMPmon,
designed for SMP support, for the time being as a replacement.  Looks
the part and does most of the job.

I've looked at gkrelm, but it's not as eminantly wmakerish as I'd like.
I've got 64-square tiles I can pretty much dump anything into -- that's
sufficiently modular for my needs.