Re: /dev/ttyS0 permissions changing...

Hugo van der Merwe <hugovdm@mail.com> writes:

> Something on my machine is periodically changing /dev/ttyS0's
> permissions to 640, whereas it needs to be 660 to use the modem

     ppp changes the permissions to 640 on the device it is using, and
restores them when it exits.  If it exits abnormally (crash, kill -9,
etc) the permissions are not restored.  I have suspected that it does
not always restore them on a normal exit, but haven't been able to
prove that to my satisfaction.

Bob
--
   _