Re: /dev/ttyS0 permissions changing...

also sprach Bob Hilliard (on Wed, 07 Feb 2001 02:52:22PM -0500):
>      ppp changes the permissions to 640 on the device it is using, and
> restores them when it exits.  If it exits abnormally (crash, kill -9,
> etc) the permissions are not restored.  I have suspected that it does
> not always restore them on a normal exit, but haven't been able to
> prove that to my satisfaction.

i have been having that problem without ppp though. on redhat, that
was related to pam and /etc/security, but on debian, this seems not to
influence it. i am using ttyS0 for palm synchronization and robot
control through my own programs and would like it to be 666, but it
keeps changing to 640 and 600 randomly...

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
you work very hard. don't try to think as well.