Re: XFree86-4.0 screen resolution missmatched with monitor viewing area

Damon Muller wrote:
> While I don't know anything much about X4 modelines, and for myself
> using the monitor's onscreen display was enough to fix it up, for your
> problem of starting in the wrong resolution there is an easy fix.
>
> Under section `screen', go to the line that represents the colour depth
> that you're using (which it probably the number next to `DefaultDepth'
> in that same section. Just put the prefered resolution at the start of
> the line, and Bob's your uncle.
>
> cheers,
>
> damon
Thanks. I already did that. I'm a perfectionist and prefer to use
1024x768 but the virtual screen is larger than the viewing area by about
40%. In 1280x1024 they match but my eyesight is too poor for that
resolution without oversizing everything ...fonts @48, icons @ 120x120.
Other ideas?
--

John Foster