Re: compiling with two processors

Moritz Schulte <moritz@chaosdorf.de> wrote:
>"John L . Fjellstad" <john-list@fjellstad.org> writes:
>> If I had the source, I would just do a make -j3, but with debian,
>> there is this rules thingie.
>
>debian/rules contains the rules for building the package. There's a
>target 'build', which builds the application. See, which targets are
>called by 'build'. There should be a call to '$(MAKE)' - here you
>could add additional arguments to make.

If it really does '$(MAKE)', then you can just do 'make -j3 -f
debian/rules build; fakeroot debian/rules binary' and the make flags
will be passed down. Setting MAKEFLAGS might also work, and then you can
use dpkg-buildpackage or debuild and avoid having to call the build and
binary targets separately.

If it just does 'make', file a bug report. :)