Re: DSL

Robert Tucker wrote:

> Ok. I'm a lost sheep. I want to install zenix as my operating system
> (and trash Windows). I have read everything I can find and I find
> nothing that addresses DSL. What I am looking for is a package that will
> allow me to use my DSL connection with debian as my OS. I am not
> familiar with zenix at all and would appreciate whatever help I can
> get.  Thanks.

that question is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too broad. DSL is both hardware and
in some cases software(dhcp, ppope if your unlucky). unless you can
specify exactly what hardware and software is needed/required nobody
will really be able to help you. and in many cases you can't just go
buy the hardware and expect it to work with the isps, it depends on
what their systems support. as another user noted, the cisco 675 is
a snap to setup. i use mine in 'bridged' mode, as far as my network
is concered my internet connection is ethernet. no dhcp crap, no
pppoe or anything else. static ips, and ethernet connection.
for reference my dsl line provider is QWEST, and my ISP is oz.net

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336