Re: re CD-RW

> > > 	Well if you do not set CONFIG_IDECD , you will not have to do
> > > the append='hdd=ide-scsi'. This is the preferred way, and your CDRW will
> > > work as /dev/scd0 assuming you have set the following:
> > >
> > > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI     #scsi emulation
> > > CONFIG_SCSI                #scsi support
> > > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR          #scsi cdrom
> > > CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG          #scsi generic
> > >
> > 	But, my hdc is an ordinary IDE CD-ROM drive; without setting
> > CONFIG_IDECD how will I be able to access it?

I take it that you have both a CD-ROM and a CD-RW.  If you use ide-scsi
emulation without CONFIG_IDECD, I suspect that you will be able to
access both of them as (emulated) scsi drives, /dev/scd0 and /dev/scd1.

Alternately, it is possible to install LILO on a floppy, so the append
option in lilo.conf should be recognized.  See
/usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz

Bob