Re: re CD-RW

Hi,

I have just added the following from CD-RW howto in /etc/modutils/aliases

# Added on 31-01-2001 for CD-RW support ( SCSI emulation )
options ide-cd ignore=hdd            # tell the ide-cd module to ignore hdd
alias scd0 sr_mod                    # load sr_mod upon access of scd0
pre-install sg     modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi before sg
pre-install sr_mod modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi before sr_mod
pre-install ide-scsi modprobe ide-cd # load ide-cd   before ide-scsi

Then run update-modules that's all.

Both by CD-ROM drive(hdc) as well as my CD-RW (hdd) work fine.

Regards

Rajesh

Jimmy Kaplowitz saw fit to inform me that:

--
Rajesh Fowkar